1. alaDing has launched redemption service at Hualian and Lianhua supermarkets in September 2018. By end of 2018, more channels will be added which include Jiedeli’s Kupu and City Shop supermarkets. With a short time frame, near ten thousand convenience stores and supermarkets accept alaDing digital voucher for redemption purpose. It is a marvel at the speed of expansion in this area. News articles report on it.
2. Avantouch always progresses with the time and closely monitors the ever changing needs of the modern world. As a result, we have created a health related e-store on top of our existing alaDing digital voucher redemption platform. The e-store works with hundreds of brands to promote quality healthy lifestyle products and services. At the same time, attractive membership is being offered to enrich the e-shopping experience.
3. For the past few years, Avantouch has been focusing in development, enhancement and growth on their alaDing B2B digital instant reward platform. This platform has created a brand new trend as how instant reward is being redeemed. As this platform is being matured with strong growth and public awareness on health is on the rise, Avantouch is building a Costco like health related ecommerce to complement its existing instant reward ecosystem.
4. Few hundred million (RMB) of loyalty point and gift voucher are being redeemed yearly through alaDing platform. And this growth is doubling. As the redemption eco system is established and in the path of rapid growth, it is time to upgrade to the next level. alaDing digital voucher 2.0 will add Blockchain to its existing infrastructure layer. Once this is done for alaDing own use, it will be opened up for others to use this standard freely. This will be followed with the launch of a Market Place where digital voucher can be traded between users. This media article reports the background and plan.
5. A reporter recently found that the usage of alaDing in convenience store was high. At the same time, great feedbacks from users. This lead to more in-depth research into alaDing which this article is all about.
6. On August 2017, one of the Polytechnics’ team from Singapore visited Avantouch. They interviewed CEO and founder, Lee Kia Hwee, in order to know more companies in China and explore collaboration. Avantouch owns and operates a B2B digital voucher redemption platform called alaDing. It is their new consumption, new retail provider strategy in China. Mr. Lee also hopes that alaDing can bring convenience and cost effectiveness to Chinese tourists. Similarly, these tourists use their digital vouchers to redeem in Singapore retail chain stores for goods and services there. This will directly bring more traffic, revenue and profit to Singapore retailers.
7. alaDing 3.2 version is officially launched. It brings new level of redemption convenience with the new top-up feature for transport card and ETC. Instant gifting feature is also being launched, making online social network even more fun. Several medias report on this event.
8. The media reportedly that there are more retail chains working with Avantouch nowadays. Traditional brick-and-mortar retailers are going through painful restructuring due to the adverse impact of the internet and online shopping. According to report, thousands of retail shops have closed down across America recently and China will be facing similar problem. alaDing provides retailers an online strategy and able to maximize their marketing ROI. Retailers now can have more traffic, revenue and profit while maintaining their existing cost. Thus, making alaDing their ideal partner.
9. Avantouch has created a New Consumption model and pioneer in RaaS cloud service. Digital vouchers are issued on-the-fly to enterprises’ customers through alaDing redemption platform. Leveraging on technology and alaDing APP, users can use the digital voucher like a currency anytime anywhere. At the same time, alaDing will be launching various fun digital voucher redemption and shopping experiences such as Unboxing video, barter trade etc. Blockchain will also be used in the future. Multiple medias gave in-depth coverage on this subject.
10. Ping An and China Minsheng banks have deepen the partnership with Avantouch. This is built upon the original collaboration into their banking web portals. Avantouch provides the RaaS code generator which is a cloud base service. Thus, the digital vouchers issued by the banks can be used like a currency. This is done through Avantouch’s innovative use of technology. This is elaborated in the media article.
11. AlaDing APP breakthrough in redemption coverage cutting across various industries and businesses, setting the new S2C redemption trend. Through the innovative use of technology, digital redemption voucher becomes the next new currency. Avantouch CEO, Lee Kia Hwee, recently gave media reporters insight of alaDing business and progress.
12. Lawson and alaDing achieve a new milestone of alliance as they deepen their redemption offering. Building on top of the existing foundation, alaDing mobile APP is now integrated to Lawson POS system. User can maximize their loyalty point and gift voucher to freely redeem any products in Lawson. Perfect user experience through the offering of online offline redemption in alaDing mobile APP. See Oct 2016 article for more information.
13. As the leading online offline redemption provider, alaDing has surpassed RMB 35 million redemption for the first half of the year. This is a fast growing trend as it is 3 times of whole of last year redemption volume. Avantouch Inc. CEO, Lee Kia Hwee, was interviewed by the medias about the current progress and future plan.
14. In Jun 2016, alaDing officially announced the collaboration with Bank of China. This is the first ever introduction of RaaS (i.e. Redemption as a Service) through their very own cloud code generator. This gives enterprise and its users anytime anywhere online and offline redemption service. alaDing provides a redemption window regardless through alaDing or enterprise client/app. Once alaDing receives a redemption request, the cloud will generate a code in order to redeem both online and offline service and product. The enterprise only pays for the actual redemption usage by their users. Thus more cost effective for the enterprise loyalty program. Sohu, Toutiao and other medias reported on this.
15. Several medias reported in May 2016 about alaDing joining forces with Spanish multinational retailer DIA. Redemption service has been officially launched throughout DIA shops. As DIA is a global player, alaDing redemption platform can extend outside of China in the future. Thus benefiting Chinese who wish to redeem overseas. This is done through the implementation of alaDing Android mobile enterprise APP into DIA handheld POS scanner device. At the same time, alaDing has also made available of its enterprise version in DLL. This enable fast integration with any retailers’ POS systems, making redemption coverage very scalable.
16. In December 2015, several major media web sites reported about alaDing innovative and successful ‘Convenience Redemption’ business model. These media sites include Sohu, NetEase, TouTiao, Tencent, China.com, zgswch.com etc. alaDing is leading the trend of S2C redemption for insurance, bank, operator, enterprise etc.
17. 11 Sep 2015, alaDing CEO Lee Kia Hwee attended ACG China organized seminar titled “Internet+ & +Internet”. As one of the panel speakers, Mr. Lee discussed about the impacts, challenges and opportunities faced among traditional businesses with the Internet+ & +Internet trend. At the event, Lee Kia Hwee shared his personal views and answered audiences queries. Bright future for those who can leverage and maximize the power of the Internet and traditional businesses.
18. alaDing S2C (Service To Consumption) business model has created new opportunities for offline consumption through online service. This gives corporations an effective platform for promotion and at the same time, users have a new level of convenience for online service. S2C model has been noticed in the business world recently. Being a leader in this field, alaDing has deployed a mobile app that provides three major services. These are offline redemption for online loyalty point and gift voucher, online offline payment and value-added services. This has been reported by lieyunwang.com in Feb 2015.
19. On 12 Sep 2013, Lee Kia Hwee was invited to the ‘Innovative development in consumer service platform’ round table discussion, organized by the economy planner of the Shanghai government. Together with other invited well-known service providers like Ctrip, Dianping and Yihaodian, Mr. Lee gave a presentation about alaDing. The presentation covered alaDing unique role, healthy progress and excellent user experience. The government officials and experts were impressed by alaDing platform for the consumer market. They hope by working together, we and other service providers can elevate Shanghai into a world class city with best consumer experience and convenience.
20. alaDing and Selot jointly develop home appliances recycle platform in convenience store. This development has attracted lots of attention from the society and medias namely Channel Young, STV News Channel, Pudong TV and ICS Shanghai (English channel). Currently, Selot recycling volume and public acceptance is on the rise. Very soon, recycling booking will be able to be carried through alaDing mobile app. Click below for the various news coverage.
Shanghai (English channel)
21. alaDing has developed an unique O2O model that enhances the local retailers’ values, thus, effectively bridging virtual world (Online) and the physical retail shop (Offline). Loyalty point, gift voucher redemptions and offline payment are some of the O2O services that bring convenience to the masses through alaDing. Beside O2O services, other services such as financial, top-up, ticketing and payment services, are also being provided so as to single-mindedly focus on the convenience user experience. July 2013 edition of Manager Magazine interviewed Avantouch CEO Lee Kia Hwee in order to find out more about this unique model.
22. We are proud to announce that our alaDing ecommerce has been launched since 2013! Most of the products and services in our alaDing device are being provided online. All the lifestyle conveniences are now available 24 x 7 for all weathers without needing to step out of the house. Take the first step by registering in our web site to enjoy all the member privileges, discounts and gifts. Our alaDing web site is http://www.alading.com.
23. Oct 2012, Shanghai City Tour Card will be launched in alaDing! This card will become the 3rd payment method in alaDing beside cash and ATM/credit card payments which are currently being offered. At the same time, alaDing will provide top-up, consumption and extension functions for the card. In addition, an alaDing theme card will be launched soon through collaboration with Shanghai City Tour Card. This witnessed both parties close partnership spanning over the next 5 years, working hand in hand to grow the usage. This will bring further convenience for everyone living in Shanghai and beyond.
24. alaDing has made expansion into Chendu on 13 Aug 2012 after months of preparation and hard work. As the first mover and leader in digital product shelf in convenience store, alaDing work hand-in-hand with Familymart as they launched their stores in Chendu with an opening ceremony. Government official, Ting Hsin International Group top management and Taiwan celebrities were all there to commemorate this joyous occasion. All Familymart in Chendu is now equipped with alaDing and we aim to propagate alaDing all over Chendu to achieve convenience service and lifestyle in this beautiful city.
25. In April 2012, Avantouch’s CEO Lee Kia Hwee was interviewed by UCING Shanghai City Guide for their May issue. The interview covered the business model, brand and products & services being provided by alaDing. He particularly highlighted the loyalty point redemption service and demonstrated the convenience and practicality of it. Any member who has loyalty point from operators, banks etc can easily redeem any goods and services within a shop, such as convenience store, through alaDing.
26. alaDing is celebrating up and coming 2 million customer in Shanghai during 2012 April period. There are many on and off-line promotions and appear in 50 major internet medias and 12 paper medias. All these have attracted many public attention with many discussions and internet circulation.
27. Avantouch’s alaDing CEO Lee Kia Hwee was interviewed by Ku6 on Aug 2011. He explained alaDing business model, product & service offering and its future plan. ‘Magician of Convenience’ is the positioning of alaDing. It is aimed to bring better life style to everyone. Watch
Ku6 interview with alaDing CEO Lee Kia Hwee.
28. 27 to 30 May 2011, Taiwan MSN, Singapore Shares Investment and Japan Infoseek separately reported on alaDing. They reported that there is a consolidation of offline convenience payment in China and Avantouch’s alaDing is the major player in Shanghai convenience store market. alaDing is slowly but surely becoming the City must-have and unique offline payment device.
29. May 2011, The Economic Observer Online made an in-depth report on alaDing replacing other convenience store offline payment and advancing into Shanghai market.
30. New loyalty point redemption model is born as reported by Shanghai Business Daily on Dec 2010. alaDing (our iShelf service) is working with China Telecom to bring new height of convenience for their valued customer with their loyalty point. Through alaDing, loyalty point can now be redeemed with goods within Familymart convenience store which is extremely practical.
31. April 2010, Forbes magazine interviewed Avantouch CEO, Lee Kia Hwee, and gave an in-depth report on the huge market potential for iShelf related business model in China. iShelf was showcased as the first mover with innovative solutions and services. This demonstrated that the public and media is taking an interest of our business and service.
32. Avantouch is honored to have been awarded the Top 50 Cutting Edge Enterprise on 26 Nov 2009 from the 2009 China Venture Capital Value List.
33. iShelf has proven to be well received by consumer after a period of trial run. Since then, iShelf has been expanding its location and providing more products and services. This brings a new level of convenience to consumer as mentioned in a news article on 30 Oct 2009.
34. Avantouch honored in “Red Herring Asia Top 100” and the launch of iShelf platform with FamilyMart was widely reported globally on 4 Dec 2008. Few of the selected news coverage over hundreds of them are shown below: